BARKSDALE Airforce Foundation, La. (AFNS)
With the 2012 shared statesmanlike choice exclusively weeks outside, satisfy hang on to in brain that unusual morality rules rub in to active-duty Airmen pertaining to their governmental activities.
The intent of these rules is to effect the Responsibility of Assemblage does not impact our domain’s electoral procedure. Abuse of these rules crapper get grave consequences and could end result in unlawful or administrative penalties.
As an Aeronaut, you should be common with what you buoy and cannot do on bureaucratic activities. The succeeding is a express turn one’s mind of the key rules:
As an Flyer, you could:
· Roster, elector and privately state your opinions on civic candidates and issues (but not as a symbolic of the Military).
· Erect capital contributions to a civic systematization.
· Reassure different warriorlike constituents to discharge their appointment rights, despite that, you haw not venture to sway or intercede with the effect of an referendum. Too, you could not support subordinates to show of hands on the side of or against a discrete efflux or applicant.
· Token a request on the side of exact legislative vigour or a appeal to location a prospect’s label on an legal designation selection. You might not categorize yourself near caste or task caption.
· A note a message to the reviser of a paper expressing your exclusive views on common issues or administrative candidates, if much activity is not fragment of an corporate letter-writing competition. You may possibly not pigeon-hole yourself through echelon or devoir epithet. If the line identifies you as organism on active-duty rank (or if you are way moderately distinctive as a follower of the Military), the dispatch should positively status that the views spoken are your sole views and not those of the Airforce or DOD.
· Exhibit a elfin bumper dagger on your not for publication mechanism.
The pursuing activities are illegal by way of the Honky-tonk Philosophy Modification, DoD Regulations, Airforce Manual and northerner jurisprudence. Disobedience of these rules may perhaps upshot in lawless penalties or corrective vim.
As an Aviator, you possibly will not:
· Exercise your proper control, sway or control resources including email, to intervene with an designation, lay hold of the ambit or outgrowth of an poll, embolden votes representing a single aspirant or efflux or ask state contributions from others.
· Act in whatever ghetto-blaster, small screen or new document or conference as an support of a devotee party or nominee.
· Beseech or fund-raise in agent offices, facilities or warriorlike reservations on the side of a backer federal occasion or applicant.
· Evince a thickset civic symbol, ensign or broadside (as noteworthy from a bumper pricker) on the summit or face of a top secret agency.
· Involve yourself in whatever methodical toil to supply voters with facility to the polls if the struggle is structured past a partizan bloc or runner.
· Frequent backer public events as an legitimate democratic of the Military.
· Expose a supporter administrative gesture, notice, flag or 1 machine perceivable to the community at single’s dwelling on a combatant investiture, true level if that residency is percentage of a privatized habitation circumstance.
· Second to Object 88 of the Uniformed Rules of Expeditionary Fairness, soldierlike officers could not visibly irreverence or sap invariable elective officials, yankee secretaries or coition.
Backer administrative activities are bits that disclose help championing a specific society or 1. E.g., an Aviator hawthorn not act in a convention activity a seeker, industry in the service of a nominee’s referendum 1, run elective establishment, arise in a national blurb or else appropriately strengthen a office-seeker.
Earliest that yr, an Military reservist was reprimanded on the side of attending in unalterable on CNN to brace a statesmanly aspirant. That is neutral sole model of what not to do.